Skip to main content
#
Call! 706.202.3889
site map
contact
email usour twitterour facebook page
Blog

Crawlspace Solutions

Up to half of the air inhaled on the first floor of a home comes from the crawlspace. When you combine the moisture from the soil with the dark and dank conditions of a crawlspace, you have a noxious, destructive environment where mold thrives and spreads at an alarming rate across any organic material. Rot and decay set in and eventually lead to structural damage of floor joists and framing as well as other serious problems.

Encapsulation prevents moisture in the ground from penetrating into the crawl space area and potentially damaging the exposed wood and insulation. It also helps control humidity levels in your crawl space. In an encapsulation, we install a dehumidifier to better control the humidity in the area. If needed, a sump pump will be installed. The sump pump is placed at the lowest area and pumps any standing water out of the crawl space. A vapor barrier also guards against any crawl space moisture from becoming a breeding ground for mold and fungi, and could even help prevent the hardwood floors from warping.

How do you know if you need some upgrades to your crawl space?

  • Are your hardwood floors cupping or buckling?
  • Do your walls and/or ceilings have mildew stains?
  • Do you have moisture or standing water in your crawl space?
  • Does your home smell musty?
  • Does your house suffer from higher than normal humidity?
  • Lots of pest including termites, cockroaches, spiders, and mice love these dark and musty places. And where there are rodents, snakes aren’t far behind!

Crawl Space Basics

  • Each Crawl Space is a different environment- and requires a professional to inspect on an annual basis as the environment continually changes. As houses settle, foundation leaks can cause moisture issues in the crawl space. Some basic things each crawl space should contain are a vapor barrier, vents, and insulation. 
  • Vapor Barrier- Vapor Barrier is laid down covering approximately 90% of the soil floor, with the remaining 10% near the foundation walls. When moisture from the earth rises, the vapor barrier contains it and pushes it towards the foundation walls which have automated vents. The vapor barrier is 6 mm thick and can be black or clear. 
  • Vents- Foundation Vents are absolutely necessary to help control the crawl space environment, with the exception of a full encapsulation. The vents are automated so that when the temperature rises above 50 degrees, they open to allow moisture and humidity to escape the crawl space. 
  • Insulation- Insulation helps protect your home from the climate change that occurs in a crawl space. Installing insulation in the floor joists in a crawl space, improves your heating and cooling bills, as well as possible damage to wood flooring, etc in your home. The insulation we install is specially wrapped in a plastic to help protect it from the elements in the crawl space. 
About us

Always Wise Pest Solutions is a family owned and operated company. Our goal is to provide the best customer service in the industry. Have a concern about the treatment? Call us, we would be happy to answer all your questions. (more)

Contact us
email usour twitterour facebook page
Always Wise Pest Solutions
Gainesville, GA 30504
706-202-3889
info@alwayswisepest.com

Web Design by Make It Loud, Inc.  Providing digital marketing services for small businesses all over the Atlanta area, including Gwinnett, Lawrenceville, Duluth GA, Sugar Hill, Buford GA, Cumming GA, and Suwanee.  www.makeitloud.net

Site Powered By
    makeitloudsites.com
    Online web site design